138 Student Living Jamaica Limited (138 SL) is a Jamaican company, listed on the Jamaican Stock Exchange (JSE), that provides world-class accommodations at the University of the West Indies (UWI) Mona campus.By establishing a public, private partnership agreement with the UWI, 138SL signed a concession agreement with UWI, 138 SL to finance, build and operate student housing and short-term accommodations. The partnership with 138 SL and UWI is a medium to expand opportunities for student to pursue tertiary education in Jamaica, to develop the facilities at UWI as well as to allow investment opportunities to all stakeholders.
The facility is being managed by our General Manager and her staff whose goal it is to provide a holistic experience for young adults on campus. Additionally Resident Advisors led by the UWI appointed Student Services and Development Manager Roger Bent provide management support focused on enhancing the experience and growth of residents through social and cultural initiatives.
We are committed to providing our guests with the best possible living communities offering safe, comfortable and affordable living spaces.
To be the Caribbean’s premier accommodations provider in the University Housing Segment.
- Maximizing Shareholder Value – We are committed to year on year growth; with the intention of creating maximum value for our shareholders
- Ethical and Lawful Business Conduct– we adhere to best practices in our industry and are principled in our business dealings.
- Customer Centric- the customer is at the heart of all our decisions.
- Innovation– We are committed to continuous improvement in our service delivery and internal processes.
- Teamwork and Collaboration– Together everyone achieves more. teamwork and collaboation are emphasized amongst our staff.
- Good Corporate Citizens– we are committed to sustainability in the environment and our community.
The company’s Board of Directors, being the body that establish policies, consists of:
Richard O. Byles – Chairman
Ivan Carter – Deputy Chairman
Sharon Donaldson – Levine – Non Executive Director
John Lee – Non Executive Director
Marrynette A. Lee –Non Executive Director
Brenda-Lee Martin – Non Executive Director
PETER PEARSON – Non Executive Director
138SL has the mandate, through a Concession Agreement with the University of the West Indies, to construct 2,300 rooms over a four-year period.